I estimated high on the 21 Day Fix, but better that then estimate low, I suppose. You can make your own decision! I also like to call these the “uh oh I accidentally ate the whole thing” oatmeal balls, because I always end up eating the whole thing.
Makes 40 balls.
- 2 cups oatmeal
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1 banana
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp salt
- Combine oatmeal, peanut butter, chocolate chips, and salt in a large bowl
- Add banana and mash into the dry mix with a fork
- Add vanilla, peanut butter, and honey, mix well
- Refrigerate mixture for 30 minutes
- Roll into balls and place in freezer to set
OH MAN, did I mention I normally eat the whole thing? It’s bad, but it could be worse…right? RIGHT? Just make me feel better, people.
This recipe can be modified in an INCREDIBLE number of ways, including:
- removing the banana, or adding another
- replacing the chocolate chips with peanut butter chips, mint chips, or other type of chocolate
- adding raisins or cranberries
- adding chopped nuts
- using chunky peanut butter
Rolling the balls is always a little difficult, but I mastered it! I took a small pile of the mixture after refrigerating it and squeezed it tight in my hand. Warming it up a little allows the honey to be more sticky. Letting it set in the freezer just speeds up the process, and holds it together!
If you’re interested in eating delicious foods like this while still losing weight, contact me about the 21 Day Fix; I’m a coach, and here to help you!