Hard work often goes unnoticed and unthanked, but these folks went out of their way to highlight my work. It is humbling and surprising, and only drives me to work harder!
- Sharon Aschaiek, founder of Higher Ed Communications, spoke with me about the importance of data when developing a social media strategy for her blog post, “Let data drive your school’s social media strategy.“
- eCity interactive ranked This is Skidmore as one of the “10 Must-Listen Higher Ed Podcasts” in 2018.
- Switchboard, an alumni networking platform, asked me to contribute to their blog about Skidmore’s This is Skidmore podcast.
- TerminalFour, a higher education content management platform, developed a blog series about their favorite higher education podcasts – putting the Higher Ed Social Podcast on their list.
- Karine Joly, noted higher education blogger and founder of higheredexperts.com included my work using Snapchat at Skidmore College for “Snap Inc. Spectacles and Snapchat show campuses in new light,” featured in University Business.
- Pickle Jar Communications listed me first of “50 Education Marketing and Communications Experts to follow on Twitter.” This list is complied of a variety of job descriptions and locations – some in Europe!
- Chris Barrows, host of the Why I Social Podcast, mentioned Higher Ed Social as a key example of developing a community from a podcast.
- Webs.com highlighted my website in their blog post, “Example Site: Promoting Yourself with a Great Online Portfolio and Resume” as a reference for those who were starting to build their own site. The post commends the site’s “great header, lots of contact opportunities, and plenty of personality.”
- Six months after I started as Web and Social Media Coordinator at Genesee Community College, I was awarded Employee of the Month. This honor was given for my collaboration with the web developer, admissions publications coordinator, and admissions data specialist to produce custom InfoPackets for prospective students.