This is quick and easy chicken chili, suitable for any occasion!
Makes 6 one cup servings
- 3 chicken breasts – cooked and chopped into cubes
- 2 cans diced or stewed tomatoes with green chilies
- 8oz whole kernel corn, canned
- 1/2 onion diced
- 2 garlic cloves
- 16oz can of Black Beans
- 16oz can of Kidney Beans
- 1 Tbsp Tomato Paste
- Home made seasoning mix
- Chili Powder
- Smoked Paprika
- Black Pepper
- 4 oz low fat shredded cheddar cheese (optional)
- Cook chicken, seasoned with a dash of black pepper, for 25-30 minutes at 350 degrees. Chicken need not be completely cooked.
- Cut chicken into bite sized cubes
- Combine all ingredients, chicken included, into crockpot
- Cook for 2 hours on high or 4 hours on low
I generally get six or seven servings out of this recipe, and it’s even better if you serve it over some quinoa or whole wheat pasta!
You’re also welcome to alter this recipe by changing up the amount of seasoning, depending on your taste. If you like an extra kick, add red pepper flakes or tabasco sauce.
If you don’t have time to cook your chicken ahead of time, no problem. You can put the breasts in whole, or chop them up in advance and place them in the pot. Up your cook time by about an hour, to be sure the chicken cooks. In any case, you should check the chicken to be sure it is cooked before serving!
If you’re interested in eating delicious foods like this while still losing weight, contact me about the 21 Day Fix; I’m a coach, and here to help you!